Monday, August 18, 2025
Big Mom Energy
I have had a profound tendency to mother others since I was depressingly young. In college, this took the form of helping Captain Sam by (a) mending his pants, (b) teaching him how to bake pies to impress girls, and (c) giving him the supplies for a picnic date to (IIRC, successfully) impress at least one specific girl.
Today gave big mom energy, because a young man who was in my house for *paid work* had distressed jeans that were patched (by design) but one of the patches was falling off. And they were stylish jeans, otherwise! So, I ran upstairs to find the fusible interfacing, cut off a length, and put it in a bag for him along with directions on how to use an iron to fix his damn pants.
Judging by his response, though, I think that made his day!

No comments:
Post a Comment