Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pearls of Wisdom

I have 10 minutes to kill. So, here are some pearls of wisdom from last night's Infosession.

1. The Designer is the person who conceives and gives birth to a chip, taping out and sending it off to Manufacturing.
2. Once first silicon comes back, the chip then becomes the responsibility of the Product and Test Engineers, who raise it and send it off to college.
3. When the chip finally gets to University, the Applications Engineer shows it around and writes its MySpace profile.

The PT/E speaker is the one who started this deadly train of analogy. I couldn't help but take it to its inevitable, and highly unfortunate, conclusion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... you're the chip's headhunter.

w0z said...

No, that's marketing's job.

I just gussy it up and post its personal information on the Internet. And then tag along on dates to be its wingman.