Saturday, January 08, 2005

Just Say No To Fascism

Or, you know, mean people who suck.

A Virginia politician is trying to pass legislation that would make it a Class 1 Misdemeanor if a woman has a miscarriage and fails to report it, along with personal vital statistics to authorities within 12 hours of the event. There's a fairly angry page about it here.

I hear our government is using public funds to run the propaganda machine.

And just because I feel like it:

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly colour. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."

Try to figure out how to help people despite the world's inertia naturally preventing that sort of altruism. Have a fantastic weekend.

No comments: